Sunday, May 3, 2009

I tried saving it ..

Today .. something significant left a deep mark in my mind ..

I went to my grandma's house today again . My dad drove into the carpark . & I saw , at the corner of my eye , this crow pecking on another bird . In that instant , it looked like a baby eagle . But I couldn't get a closer look because my dad was about to park his car . Then this group of four chased the crows away . But they did nothing to help the poor chick . I had went upstairs to my grandma's house to take a look from the 11th floor , outside my grandma's neighbour's house . The two ladies were so glammed up ! Why would they want to help an animal especially one who is about to die ? Ugh , I felt so helpless . I went out to look again and saw that they were leaving . I took an empty shoebox and went downstairs to the carpark again .

Cursed and swore at the lift for being so slow . Really hoping that the bird will still be fine . I was so pissed with those four ppl lahh . They helped abit but they didn't really use their brains . =.= They wrapped the chick up in tissue and put it behind a tyre of a lorry . IDIOTS . I was worried sick . When I went downstairs , the crows dragged the baby chick from under the tyre and started pecking on its belly and wings . I was so stunned that I just stood in the middle of the road thinking of what to do . I didn't know what I was going to do so I just went close to those crows and smacked on the shoebox to scare them away . Thank goodness they were . After that , I just stood there and stared at the chick again . I was so scared it was dead . THANK GOODNESS IT WASN'T . I went closer and put the box down and one uncle came over . He helped me put the bird in the box because I think he saw the terrified look on my face . Huh , I want to save the chick but I'm too chicken to carry it into the box ..

It chirped so weakly .. my heart just went out for that poor thing .. The uncle and I brought the baby to the back of the HDB and put it behind an old school bag . It wasn't a baby crow or mynah or a pigeon . Just some ordinary bird with white freckles on its brown feathers . I haven't even left the chick and I lost my composure in front of a stranger . An uncle . D: haha .. that baby was still chirping even when I left .. the uncle said that it's not going to live .. fuck . I wished I could bring it to a vet . Fuck . when I left my grandma's house , I took a look at the box . It was open and the old school bag was thrown aside . The box was open and the chick was next to it . I don't know if it was still alive or not . It didn't make a sound and it didn't move .. but it was in a 'sitting in a nest' position .. I don't know how to describe lahh ..

...

Haha ... I guess .. I guess .. it's my second time saving an animal .. but they all end this way .. it's not fair .. it really is not fair ..

No comments: