Nothing much really, just that I don't like being nagged at by a total stranger, or rather, an acquaintance. I barely know him. To be specific, I know him for a total of.....10 hours? Alright, I'll be less bitchy..... yes, I rolled my eyes again.
There wasn't any problems, I had a short shift today so it wasn't too unbearable. It was actually quite interesting. All I did was to walk around T2 and help people who need help (yup) and approach people who look... lost. Mostly, the people who needed help just had no idea why they couldn't find their check-in counters. Why?
A) They come 8 hours before their boarding time. I kid you not, they come at 12pm when their flight is at 8pm.
B) Not stated in their boarding pass and they go to the wrong terminal AND being extra early as well.
Lost people were just, well, lost. Some of them were just friendly tourists and just wanted confirmation. There were many different kinds of people, of course, since it's the airport. I like it. I like being in the airport. The airport has this nostalgic vibe. Or maybe it's just me. This morning it was raining and the sky was grey and overcast. When I looked from the inside to the outside, it reminds me of Hong Kong and the late winter in Japan. I missed it all, the feeling of going somewhere foreign and new and not knowing what to expect, the little bout of panic of being lost and the exhilaration of managing to find your way in the end.
I like that I see many different kinds of people there, mostly friendly faces and though some are weary from long-haul flights, they don't snap at you for no rhyme or reason. I especially loved it when I was giving out water and chocolates for the delayed Tiger Airways Perth passengers. They all looked so pleasantly surprised and happy for the free refreshments and, really, who doesn't love dark chocolate? or at least chocolate, right? My slightly annoying morning was made up by these cheered-up foreign faces. Which reminds me, I said "chocolate" when I wanted to offer water to this really cute Aussie guy in a hoodie. I love hoodies and sweaters. They feel so comfy, even by just looking at them! That guy teased me instead, "Oh! Chocolate water, now? Fantastic."
But mostly I just walked around the departure hall wishing that I was the one going to the check-in counter and fussing over my luggage and wearing comfy hoody. And thinking of my boyfriend.
Anyway, I brought home a bar of dark chocolate for myself. Teehee!
(I finished it all in what, 5 minutes?)


No comments:
Post a Comment